Thank you for visiting the website of the First Baptist Church of Rockport. For over two hundred years the Rockport Baptist Church has sought to be faithful to historic and global Christianity that is centered in Jesus Christ and revealed throughout the scriptures. The church exists to glorify and serve the Triune God first in the beautiful community that is Rockport and outwards to the rest of the world. Please join us for one of the worship services or other special events described on this page.
The First Baptist Church of Rockport is located at 4 High Street in the historic downtown district of beautiful Rockport, Massachusetts.
The First Baptist Church of Rockport welcomes children as part of its regular worship service. A complimentary nursery/Children’s church is available for children (infant – age 5) during the worship service. The nursery is staffed by two people every Sunday except for the First Sunday off the month.
There are a few options for parking at the church:
1) The church owns a small parking lot off of Broadway. Persons visiting the church during the week are welcome to use this lot and should find available parking spaces. On Sunday mornings this lot fills quickly at which point persons should refer to the next options.
2) On Sunday mornings during church the Town of Rockport grants special parking privileges to persons attending church. Until 1:00 pm, Parking is allowed for free on both sides of High Street between Mt. Pleasant and School Streets. For special occasions such as weddings, funerals and special services this option may be extended. At certain points in the year the town of Rockport removes the meters, at which point parking is free on all streets.
3) Persons parking on High Street are asked to be sensitive to church neighbors and refrain from blocking their parking spaces or driveways.
4) During nice days in the peak tourist season (June, July, August) visitors may want to consider giving a little extra travel time.
5) Handicap parking and a handicap accessible entrance are located in the parking lot off of Broadway.
6) Every Sunday morning ushers are posted at the front entrance starting at 10:10 am and are happy to help answer and or assist with additional parking concerns.
About our community
The First Baptist Church serves greater Cape Ann and is situated in Harvey Park within the village of Rockport; mere steps from the Atlantic Ocean. Rockport and its environs are a diverse community with a long and rich history. The town was settled in the seventeenth century and was incorporated in 1840. It was known for fishing and granite quarries and was once a major supplier of granite on the east coast. The picturesque seashore draws artists and tourists alike and there is a vibrant shopping district that caters to eclectic tastes.