On March 30th 1808 a group of eighteen men and women met at the home of Ebenezer Pool in Dock Square and organized a Baptist church in Sandy Bay. The group grew and a meeting house was constructed on the present church’s site that was first used for worship in 1822, although it was not completed until 1828. The present church building was constructed in stages. The original meeting house was turned and extended to become the present sanctuary in the late 19th century with the newest addition completed in the 1980s. The congregation has persisted in the work of the kingdom with periods of growth and barren years. Despite the challenges God has blessed our mission as the members strive to do His will and bear fruit.